Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10: Interruptions be damned!

Steady progress came to a complete halt today with several interruptions and a few tasks that simply would not be deterred. Okay, yes, so I could have put them off, but commitments that they were required me to act accordingly.

As well, hearts are broken with the devastating news of deadly flooding in Queensland. Not my home state, but my country and my roots, and it's shocking to bear witness from a distance and be served details on a regular basis such that we can only stand and weep.

It's enough to make one stop working altogether and wonder how those poor buggers are faring. The least I can do is stay true to my course, and maybe then be able to offer my voice and my pen in ways that are meaningful and true.

Interruptions be damned! You will not have your natural impact for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment