Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1: And so it begins

Here we are on day one of the official last days of my year-long sabbatical. A plan set toward success that, although periodically beset by random distractions and time substitutions, has seen me, for the most part, stay the course on a new professional track. "To where?" you may ask. Well, let's just say that words will have a lot to do with it, if all goes the way I want.

However, it may all be for naught if I don't successfully navigate January with intent and purpose and a 100% commitment. As much fun as a sabbatical is, you do need to have something to show at the end of it, or run the risk of it being interpreted by some as an excuse to apparently do nothing much for a declared amount of time.

Not that I am easily deterred by what some might think - not now, anyway. It's all about what I can make happen, so stay tuned as I forge ahead.

And it all starts with getting a good night's sleep. Hmmm. Guess I should have thought of that last night. Oh well. Better late than never. And there are still 30 days to go ....

No comments:

Post a Comment