Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Find the joy

Been getting bogged down in my thoughts of late. You know, the ones that make you doubt and despair and come to a complete halt.

It's funny. Many people think I've got everything under control all the time. But there are days when it seems that I'm not able to focus on the things I have to do.

Of course, that's okay ... occasionally. But not when there's so much I want/need to achieve - deadlines for newsletters, ideas for speeches, next steps for projects, attention to detail, moments to savour. I used to be great with all that, but as I discovered, it's just as easy to get out of a habit as it is to get into one.

Yes, there are books and experts all too willing to set me back on track. And while I appreciate the sentiment, I've decided to go it not so much alone, but on my own. I do know what I need to do, and I do know how to make it happen. I'm just stuck, a little bit, and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm on the point of breaking through rather than the point of folding up my tent and going home. (There is also the possibility that the universe has been busy charting a course for change, which would be very interesting indeed.)

Either way, there's one thing I've packed into my case as I travel forward, and that's joy ... something I've worked without for I'm guessing a little too long. The joy of, well, everything, which is easy to find if we are willing to forego the angst and the bitterness and the grudges and the lamenting and the anger and the hate and the frustration that burdens so many of us, courtesy of whichever source we allow to feed it to us - the media, reality TV, gossipmongers, nitpickers, naysayers, and the doom and gloomers.

I'm opting instead, from here on in, to find the joy wherever I can. Even writing about it has added an extra spark to the day!

Okay, enough pontificating. Time to get down to business. I'm especially interested to see what this day will bring, aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment