Friday, August 28, 2009

And along comes an opportunity ...

Or I could take myself off to the Toronto International Film Festival next month, where a record 17 Australian movies, including "The Last Ride" and "Beautiful Kate", will be screening. Now, that would be something!

A quick check of the schedule reveals some incredible productions from a whole heap of countries. Could you imagine being glued to various screens for 10 days straight, from early in the morning to very late at night, watching as many of the more than 300 movies as you can? Yes, it's the Aussie ones I'm keen to see, but to be fair, some balance would be so very exciting.

Oh well. There's always next year. And in the meantime, I have a list of Aussie films that will at least tide me over for a while. If I can find them anywhere here.

And to those who are going to the festival? Happy tiff-ing to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment