Friday, July 22, 2011

It's all good

So, I need to lose a few pounds. Or let me rephrase that - I want to lose a few pounds. Nothing serious, but a little extra effort is required to get me back to where I won't worry about all those challenges that come with carrying a few extra pounds.

Yes, I know. The weight gain was the direct result of too much sitting around and tapping at the keyboard, an overabundance of chocolate peanuts, nachos and pizza, and not enough out and about stuff to keep the balance balanced.

It actually started when my dog, Sydney, died a few years back. We were good mates, walked a lot, kept active. But when she left, I stopped and started, if you get what I mean, and I've stayed that way ever since.

But no more. I'm on a mission for big changes. Actually, I'm already on the road to a lighter version and am loving the new resolve to stay on track.

And just to be clear, along the way I won't be indulging in any personal trainer thing or joining a gym or training to run a marathon or starving myself or buying a scale to check in every day. I'm setting course for something I can stick with long after the fact.

Walking is first on the list - an hour every day, at least. So much to see and so much ground to cover.
Water is a mainstay - actually forgotten how great and refreshing that stuff is. And available everywhere, albeit sometimes for a price.
Fruit and veggies - a wonderful selection is up for grabs, all fun and inexpensive.
Yogurt - meals in little containers, and soooo good for me.
Grains and fibre - regularly speaking.

Oh, no, I'm not abandoning my faithful companions with their seductively wily ways and delicious tastes. I'm just taking some time out to acquaint myself with other possibly permanent companions that will hopefully prove to be equally faithful at some point down the line.

I'm already full on with the walking thing, and the others are fast following suit.

I believe that in all things, a bit of balance is what's required. Just remember that your balance might not compute in someone else's reality, and if you set - and stick to - your own course, you'll end up exactly where you want to be.

Now, did anyone say pizza? With salad, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment