Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Overcast girl

I'm an overcast girl. I enjoy cloudy days, rainy days, stormy days and snowy days. They are when I work best and when I can more easily focus on the job at hand.

It's not that I have to work on those days because being outside isn't fun; it's because I truly enjoy the close proximity of the elements, the sense that they are surrounding me and supporting me in my endeavours.

Unfortunately, some people misinterpret my love for the gloomy weather. They think I'm completely nuts, or suffering perhaps from a reverse case of SAD - seasonal affective disorder.

A word to the wise - none of the above.

Over the years, all manner of people have tried to convert me, but I remain steadfast in my resolve - love the sunny days, but overcast days are bliss!

Actually, whatever is going on outside, I prefer to look on the bright side of the weather. Unless catastrophic circumstances are looming, I don't see any point in complaining about the wind and the rain and the snow and the cold and the heat and the whatever. But for too many of us, if it's not to our liking or our planning, we take issue with it. Especially the forecasters, who seem intent on spelling doom every time it rains, snows or blows.

Well, other than avoid it completely by staying holed up inside, there's really nothing you can do about the weather. Much better to not get all hung up on that which you can't control anyway.

Instead, be a good scout and adequately prepare for whatever Mother Nature has dished up for you. Grab your raincoat or your windbreaker or your sunglasses or your snow boots - and save your complaining for something you can actually do something about.

Go on! Look on the bright side of the overcast day. If you make the most of it, you probably won't even notice the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment