Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The results are in

In response to my impassioned inquiry as to whether I should go blonde, I received a stunning total of 7 responses from people who took the time to share their thoughts. With the final tally 4 : 3, it was hardly a resounding decision maker.

The four against were quite insistent that dark was my colour, now and forever, with Jan referring to me as "classy". On the other side, there was equal enthusiasm for the 'do it' point of view, with some people even sending photographic endorsements - thanks, Geoff.

Now, I could interpret all this in one of three ways:

1. Nobody cares, other than those 7 people, of course.
2. Nobody would notice, other than those 7 people, of course.
3. Nobody reads my blog, other than ... well, you get the gist of it.

For now, I will stay true to the wishes of the voters - the hair will stay dark, but the blonde option will stay on the table. What I am taking from this process, however, is that I need to find more people to read my blog. I might not always have something clever or fortuitous or interesting or unique to share, but for sure, it will make you think.

I really like writing every day. It's good for the mind, the soul and the heart. I write what I live and I say what I feel. And what I love most about blogging is the creative writing process that infuses the day from that point on. I simply have to find more people to take the ride with me.

To that end, I am having this blog redesigned, renamed and refocused. Still offering spontaneous reflections and contributions, but with a few additions inspired by the things I am truly passionate about. Something for others with those interests to sink their proverbial teeth into.

Stay tuned, my friends, all 7 of you - the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment