Friday, March 12, 2010

No harm in asking

I've put things out to the universe before, and occasionally something has come back. It may be what I asked for, or a variation on that particular theme, or something completely different, or, more often than not, absolutely nothing at all.

No harm in asking, I say. And so here I am, asking.

I need $4 million to buy and operate a property in Australia. Why so little, you ask? Well, let me break it down for you.

$3 mill for the property ...
- beautiful, expansive, top quality land
- fantastic views and great big trees
- close to town, far from the city
- 100% fair dinkum rural
- stocked with sheep and cattle
- several acres for crops
- complete with dams, fences and sheds
- large homestead, albeit in need of fixing up
- big veggie patch

$500,000 for renovations and repairs ...
- fix up the homestead
- repair and replace fences
- update sheds and equipment

$500,000 for other stuff ...
- feed for stock and grain for crops
- additional stock to enhance herd quality
- horses and dogs to help make it a real working farm
- farmhands, workers and owners/operators
- incidental expenses and safety net in case of natural disasters

Costs are approximate, but you get the gist of it.

You could just write me a cheque - or a check, if you're reading this in the US - or you could be the owner and let my partner and me be the operators. Whichever way you go, it will be more interest-ing than a bank and more fun than a tax write off. All of which adds up to an outstanding opportunity that will definitely make some kind of return for everyone involved.

So, Universe, if you're listening and you've got a spare couple of mill lying around with nothing to spend it on, please help me out here - after you've helped out everyone else who needs it more than me, of course. I promise to welcome it as if it was my own, and work hard to help it grow into the successful venture I know it can be!

Yeah, this probably sounds frivolous and self serving, but trust me when I say that you would be doing more than just changing someone's life. Anyway, whatever you can do will be great. Thanks a bunch, mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment