Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear Clavius Dell Andronicus

And so my Facebook posting read:

Dear Clavius Dell Andronicus, you know I love you, but you are too much of a distraction. So, I've decided to turn you off and go work somewhere else today. I might need one of your files at some point, but for the most part, I am reverting to my pencil and paper days, and relying on my own resources. Don't feel slighted. I still love you, and you know I won't be able to stay away forever. If you're at a loss for something to do, why not take a leaf out of my digital experience and read the online news, or FB with some e-friends, or take a virtual vacation? Just a few ideas that are guaranteed to quickly pass the time. For sure, the break will do the both of us some good, so enjoy. Later, mate. Signed, me!

And by the end of the day, not only did I have lots and lots of work to show for my efforts, but I also didn't have a single email or Facebook response - or phone call, for that matter - until late in the afternoon.

Seems that by distancing myself from Clavius, I ceased to exist for the entire technological world. Might have to try that again - certainly makes for a very productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment