Friday, June 25, 2010

Silence

It's the first thing I hear in the morning and the last thing I hear at night. It's what I would like to hear more often in the intervening time, and what I sometimes hear when I least expect it. It's the source of some of my most creative thoughts, my best ideas and my craziest notions, and it's usually when I have the peace of mind to deal with all that ails me. It's the calm before and after the storm, the act of indecision, and the moment before everything kicks into gear. It's something we need, but rarely have, and something at our disposal, but rarely use. It's everywhere at one time or another, in one way or another, in one form or another, for some reason or another, and yet all too often, it is completely out of reach.

Silence is all this, and oh, so much more, but right here, right now, it simply is what it is. And for that, I am quietly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment