Monday, May 10, 2010

Roll a different style

Ever been caught off guard by a comment that really got you thinking?

While watching Inner Space after one of the last episodes of Lost, which I have faithfully followed from the very beginning, guest host Daragh Sankey suggested that Jack was the candidate. When Teddy pointed out that neither Jack's moral fibre nor his Hippocratic Oath would allow him to sit back while humans slaughtered each other, Daragh concluded that Jack would perhaps "roll a different style".

Ooh, nice one, Daragh. Four little words that completely open the door to ramping things up a bit, regardless of what is expected and the way things are 'normally' done. Your own stamp, your own style, your own seal of approval. The possibilities are endless.

In the midst of my sabbatical, I took those words to heart when a fortuitous circumstance led me to conclude that some of where I am right now is at the behest of others' expectations and assumptions. That simple realisation reinforced my intent to roll a different style and go wherever it leads me.

Why don't you roll a different style today, and let others see where it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment