Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oh, crap!

Yep, I really stepped in it this time. Another doggie deposit just waiting to connect with my unsuspecting shoe. I knew I had trampled something squishy, but in the dark it was hard to tell exactly what. My 'conquest' was obvious much later in the local Tim Horton's when the stench infiltrated my immediate surrounds. Oh, crap!

Back at home, a toothbrush - an old one - and some hot, sudsy water dislodged the offending substance, and a few hours outside in the intense but all-too-quickly fading sunlight helped dissipate the remaining scent.

As a dog owner and well-trained poo picker-uper, I just don't get it. You have a dog, you take it for a walk, it poos, you take out your baggie, pick up the poo, dispose of it responsibly, end of story. Not that difficult really. But for some people, the concept of cleaning up after their canines is simply beyond comprehension. Consequently, they leave behind an endless supply of little surprises just waiting to be discovered by some poor sole.

It would be nice if all those who are too lazy and too apathetic to be responsible dog owners could step into a nice big smelly pile of doggie do the next time they go for a walk. Unfortunately, as we all know, they will simply cry foul and look around for someone else to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment