Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Talking to sausages

Who knew that all my attempts to talk to sausages would finally pay off?! If you haven't noticed, the sound that sausages make sometimes while they are cooking is a lot like some birds when they are chatting away up in the trees. Okay, so just the sparrows and some finch-type birds, but what's critical here is that after honing my skills talking to sausages, I tried them out on some little birdies in our backyard. And lo and behold, not only did a few of them stop and look my way, but one of them actually began to hop in my direction. He seemed quite responsive, staying within a few feet for a good 15 seconds or so before taking flight. Does it mean anything? Probably not, but at least if anyone hears me talking to sausages, I will know it's not as crazy as it seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment