Tuesday, April 13, 2010

From dud to sexy

Who knew that my duds could prove to be so much more? Thanks to one small gesture.

Without getting into details about my undies, let's just say I generally don't spend big bucks on them. If they're comfy, that's good enough, and generally gray or black are the norm, having shied away from pink and polka dots a long time ago. On washing days gone by, I tossed them in the machine, then the drier, and then unceremoniously shoved them all a dither into the top drawer of my dresser. They're just undies, after all.

But not anymore. When he washes and dries them, my partner lovingly folds them like delicate flowers, puts them in neat stacks, and gently places them in my top drawer where they wait in tranquility for me to carefully select them, one by one by one.

It's only a small gesture, but it somehow makes them seem special, treasured, sexy, which makes me feel special, treasured, sexy. Thanks, my love, for making both my duds and me feel so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment